Personally, whether it’s the best headphones or the best earplugs, the devices of a person like me cannot do without! I refuse to leave my house without my ears for company! The reason is that these headphones are very comfortable, functional, cool, and practical to take to different places. Talking from their applications places like call centers and using radio jockeys as well. So to get a comfortable and inexpensive range you may need to do a little research to buy the best headphones on the market, maybe the best headphones under $ 100 should be good. With these reviews below, I assure you that you will have no complaints or compromises when it comes to quality and sound.
Top headphones under 150$
Price range: 99$ to 12995$
The JBL Live 500BT (or 500 Bluetooth) was first released in early 2019. It is a set of fully modern in-ear headphones with almost all the functions that people expect. Its large shell has plush and comfortable leather ear cushions, while inside is a huge 50mm driver that provides powerful audio and JBL “iconic sound”.
The built-in microphone not only enables the hands-free use of smart assistants such as Siri and Alexa but also includes Ambient Aware and TalkThru technologies. The former provides excellent noise cancellation functions but allows listeners to know the surrounding environment at any time, and the latter automatically reduces music playback.
- Volume, and activate the noise reduction function optimized for voice so that users can talk freely without taking off the headset.
- The 500BT battery can play a total of 30 hours of music on a single charge, and its battery can be fully charged in two hours.
- Sold with the MicroUSB charger and 1/8-inch twisted-pair auxiliary cable for analog listening, 500BT provides a consistent and reliable connection due to the use of Bluetooth 4.2.
- The fabric edging of the headset provides some extra durability while adding some style points, and is sold in five different color options.
- You can also use the configurator to customize the 500BT on the JBL website.
Price range: 99$ to 12995$
Some headphones work well when used outdoors. Other products are most suitable for home or study use. The SR80e class belongs to the latter category, mainly due to its open design, resulting in poor isolation. Best for critical listening.
- The SR80e is a wired in-ear headset with good bass and midrange, but low treble.
- It has a charming classic appearance with an all-black appearance. Unlike other products before it.
- SR80e has a lightweight design, it is still not easy to transport: the headband is not foldable, and the cable is not removable, which will cause trouble.
- As mentioned above, these ear-hook headphones are most suitable for use at home or in the studio.
- If you are looking for reasonably priced open earphones dedicated to critical listening, then the SR80e is a good choice.
It has good build quality overall. It is strong enough to withstand unexpected shocks and has a comfortable headband. But please walk carefully when wearing it, because it is not the most stable headset.
Price range: 99$
Active noise reduction has increasingly become one of the most sought-after conveniences in today’s headset market. Although manufacturers can use generic versions, they rarely can compete with the performance of proprietary technologies such as QuitePoint. Provided by Audio-Technica.
- The sound of ATH-ANC500BT comes from a pair of high-fidelity reproduction 40mm drivers, which can provide rich sound, thanks to the active stellar noise cancellation function of A-T.
- Memory foam ear cushions also provide great comfort while reducing external environmental noise.
- When using Bluetooth and ANC functions, the built-in battery can play music for about 20 hours.
- If the lithium polymer battery runs out, these Bluetooth-connected headphones can also be used with the included 3.9″ analog cable.
- The built-in microphone enables hands-free calling and control, although there are also button control buttons on the outside of the left earmuff.
Japanese brand headphones usually have a unique DJ style, while ATH-ANC500BT has a modern style with a classic helmet design, still allowing the headphones to rotate 90 degrees, so they can be safely packed for travel.
Components include inbox: Headphones, 30 cm (1′) USB charging cable.
Price range: 119$ to 11999$
Like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica is a brand that hardly needs any introduction, especially among audiophiles. Among Japanese brand products, ATH-AD900X is one of the best products with a price of less than $150.
- They are back-cap earphones with attractive designs, and their headbands can be easily adjusted to all head shapes to provide maximum comfort.
- ATH-AD900X is a pair of wired earphones specially designed for indoor use.
- It has well-filled and breathable earmuffs that can be worn for a long time.
- ATH-AD900X is very high-quality due to its design, it is still somewhat fragile, so please move it carefully when using it.
- Speaking of sound quality, assuming you know what open headphones will bring in this price range, the ATH-AD900X will not disappoint you.
- The sound is more natural and very suitable for listening to music.
- Its open headphones have good bass, those who listen to music with a lot of basses may be disappointed.
Price range: 159$
If all products are ranked based on sound quality alone, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO will be tied for first place with Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. This is an excellent pair of headphones with excellent sound reproduction, excellent bass, and better midrange performance. These headphones will even impress audiophiles.
- DT 770 PRO is a closed in-ear headset with a fairly large design, making it not only suitable for commuting but also not suitable for gymnasiums.
- As expected by Beyerdynamic products, it has sturdy construction with fabric-covered earmuffs and rigid headbands.
- The large earmuffs fit easily on most ears and provide good noise isolation.
- Excellent sound quality, it is tempting to use DT 770 PRO on the road and in the office.
In addition to its size, it also has wired capabilities and lacks embedded controls, which makes it impractical on the go. And although its high-volume sound leakage problem cannot solve the problem, it is not suitable for office use.
DT 770 PRO is most suitable for studio use. Although the initial tightness makes it uncomfortable to wear for a long time, it works very well in this area. Once loosened after heavy use, it will be more comfortable to wear for a long time.
Price range: $95 – $145
Sony MDR-7506 is versatile and can work well in different applications. Although its sound isolation effect is not ideal, it does a good job of preventing sound leakage, allowing you to keep your strange taste of music in your own hands.
- MDR-7506 has a pair of wired in-ear headphones suitable for indoor use and is designed as a closed type. It has large ear flaps and can easily wrap most ears.
- It has excellent midrange performance and provides strong bass.
- The cups are well lined, although the cushions are indeed a bit cheap, especially considering the price. It has a non-detachable cable and is foldable, making it easy to travel with your luggage.
- MDR-7506’s lightweight design and comfortable ear pads make it long wearable.
- It has an appropriate number of clamps and does not heat up quickly.
- It is easy to fall on your head during running or strenuous exercise, not to mention that its long and non-detachable cable will block your body.
Price range: 195$
Sennheiser HD 599 is an excellent pair of open earphones. It is a bit more expensive than the Sony MDR-7506, but in comparison, it looks and feels more advanced.
- It uses an over-ear design with a luxuriously padded large cup and a metal-reinforced headband.
- This headset is particularly comfortable to wear for a long time and the overall quality is excellent.
- HD 598SR is suitable for listening to music and watching movies, with excellent audio reproduction and strong bass.
- It is very suitable for many different types of music genres, including heavy metal, rock, pop, and disco.
Please note that due to its design, you will experience sound leakage issues, so people around will definitely listen to your music.
HD 599 is most suitable for home use for many reasons. First of all, its sound insulation is poor, which means you can’t rely on it to drown out the noise in the office and the sound of vehicles on the road. Secondly, it is not very portable, thanks to its size and non-folding design.